Tuesday, September 04, 2007

State of Virginia

We are happily ensconsed in the great family home of our son and family. We had fun at Lake Anna, two plus hours away, for a few days with lots of waterskiing and boating of every kind. i don't suppose I have to mention that I didn't waterski, but to relieve some of your worrisome minds... I DID NOT WATERSKI. It was tempting, though. Everyone was either trying or succeeding or using a tube.. but us old folks, we kept our heads, and stayed in the watching category.

Beautiful territory. Brought back memories of the first time I waterskiied as a teen-ager. It took me two days to succeed, but I kept at it until I got up. I am amazed at the patience of my cousin who also kept at it until I did succeed. Thanks again.

Naomi et. al. have successfully completed their trek to Oregon. Happy that they had a safe trip. Now it is to get busy and find a job! Ah, the energy of the young.

Youse guys need to comment, now, so I have encouragement to keep posting! take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are back on the web! I have been looking everyday...wanting to read of your life adventures. Enjoy your time in VA!

Anonymous said...

Yeehaw!!! I too have been checking whenever I am on the computer ~ only to be disappointed! I have been tempted to call but I know about roaming charges! So, I have waited patiently like a big girl!

Now if we could only get Izzy back on the blog between the two of you there is always plenty of entertainment!

Do you have any pictures of Lake Anna?

Are you ready to come home soon????????? Hint Hint? Not that I have been exercising up a storm or anything! I leave Thursday for the Joyce Meyer conference in the cities. . . should be a lot of fun!! Would you like me to get her autograph for you???? HAHA

Anonymous said...

I ,too, look every day for more blog. Thanks for the phone call and I yes am lookng at the tennis Open as usual. Getting exciting now. Fran

Anonymous said...

I am trying to think who that cousin was who taught you to ski? Please inform. Was it at Waubesa? Fran.

bananafish said...

Hey Ma, I now have reliable internet access, so e-mail and blog away!!!! At the moment I don't feel like I have much energy, but somehow we keep on moving!