Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

It just goes to show you that I am a bit slow these days. I am writing about Turkey day the day after Thanksgiving. I am really immensely thankful for my friends and family. Carol and Carl had us over yesterday for a sumptuous feast. I appreciated the feast, of course, but the better part of it all was the get together part with good friends and their family.

The sparkle of friendship is just the best thing in the world. To be with people who are fun and with whom you can speak your piece as you wish is so wonderful. As I grow older, I find that I speak my piece a bit more than I used to. (Hey, what if I spoke my PEACE - that would be better maybe!) But to be able to share that which bubbles up to the surface of your mind with those close to you is a great blessing.

During my life time I've thrown kisses on occasion. Surely you have done the same? Where you kiss the palm of your hand and throw the kiss to the person who is leaving. The person catches the kiss and presses it to his heart.. then does the same back to you? Consider yourself the recipient of SEVERAL thrown kisses. The fact that you soldier on and read this blog means that you are worthy of those kisses. Thanks for everything! And Thanks Be to God!

Take care.

4 comments:

bananafish said...

I have been the lucky recipient of SEVERAL of those kisses throughout the years. Thanks, Mom.

Anonymous said...

It is evident that we have lots to give thanks for. I had a very nice holiday yesterday but I realize I am getting old when I took a long nap this afternoon. I did get a nice long walk in this morning. Went to Macy's , didn't spend a cent. Dropped in at B&N and didn't even buy a magazine. So I went home and slept half the day. Fran.

Anonymous said...

I want to see some new paintings on your blog. Have you got the umph to start painting again? This coming from one who hasn't done any art work in awhile. I am eager to do something but with the need for exercise I get sidetracked. anon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Thanksgiving can take the stuffings out of one. . . . HAHA

Some more art pictures would be GREAT!! What about pictures of rug hooking???? Hannah and a friend and I went to Stillwater and I saw some mini versions of rug hooking in picture frames. WOW I liked that!! The had Beach tents and umbrellas, how fun!

Keep the memories coming