Friday, November 02, 2007

yippee

Did you notice the second comment on the last blog? Izzy is back in this cyber-space world. I was so ecstatic to hear from him and Enid that I'm sure I shouted a little shout!

As to why a dill pickle would be bad if you had mumps. I can't explain the technical reason, but I think because the glands in your neck are all swollen that when the dill pickle (which is acid and vinegar) hits those glands, WATCH OUT. You will just have to take my word for it that it hurts big time.

My camera does not want to connect to my computer at the present, so I am going to have to go shopping for a new one. I'm shopping the internet, but I will wait until we visit out east to go shopping with the expert advice of my son. For the present, I cannot include pix of stuff I have collected which give me memories of the past.

At our book club we talked about the book, "Catseye" or "Cat's Eye." Margaret Atwood is the author of this fantastic book. It takes real courage to read, as the plight of the young girl is so traumatic it is almost painful to think about. Actually, it is not "almost" painful, it is excrutiating. I have been remembering the moments of the past in this blog, but she is such a master of the details of each thing. She describes how they washed clothes, and each of us four members of the book club lit up as we went through each detail. We can remember all of the things she describes. Of course, we are all old enough to do so!

The air is crisp, the sun is shining, the leaves are almost all off the trees, it is a beautiful fall day. Take advantage of this short hiatus before the snow flakes fall. Wahoo.

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Izzy lives!! I haven't checked his blog yet but there better be something on there or else. . .. I never say what the "or else" is, I leave it up to the person I am referring to because their imagination is probably better than mine and they conjur up their own fear which is worse than what I would have come up with.

I can help you out with your pictures for now. I can take your picture load it on my computer and e-mail it to you to include in your blog. Piece of cake! I am sure others love your pictures as much as I do.

I want everyone to know I nearly broke a sweat keeping up with Vicki at the gym today!! She raced around the circuit like a 30 year old!

I too didn't know the whole story with the dill pickle and mumps. Sounds painful!

Anonymous said...

I would like to get a digital camera. When you fid out any particulars, let me know. Anonymous.

bananafish said...

Hey Ma, I tried to comment yesterday, then lost my internet connection. The weather here has been just fabulous:crisp, sunny, fall days. Lovely.