Monday, January 23, 2006

Back at ya!

I have been going through the adjustment to a new place. I am finally feeling totally at home. Well, maybe not totally, but at home enough to feel comfortable.

We have access to wheels now and can go here and there. I discovered once I had the access I no longer had the desire to GO here or there. I can now with great comfort stay home and read and watch television. It was the being ABLE to go that I was missing. I love tennis and as they have cable here, I can watch the Australian Open. Unfortunately the only American left is Lindsay Davenport. Federer played today, but I went with George to the golfing range so I didn't watch the match. I presume he won as he is a tennis player from another planet, not only from Switzerland. Martina Hingis, another Swiss player is back this year.

I am reading "1776" by David McCullough. I am really loving it. More tomorrow. vicki

1 comment:

Izzy said...

hey vicki,

how is "1776"? i was meaning to read that before leaving for Japan and thus escaping all legible writing. i wish there was a english public library in my tiny mountain village! so are you still out in CA? how long are you staying out there?

keep up the posting,
isaac