Monday, January 09, 2006

ta DUM

Ok. I want a real fanfare. I have finished piecing the quilts and now it is to track down the best possible machine quilter in the world to finish them. I am on the track of this person and will let you know at a later date whether he/she comes up to his/her reputation or not.

I would show you a picture of the tops, but they look miserably ugly in pictures, so that's out. I refuse to show you the pictures I took. That's right, I refuse.

While I was sewing, I also listened/watched my tapes of the Dorothy L. Sayers Harriet Vane books. They are videos, that is. I am a great fan and I love watching movies that are already my favorites. I can listen and only occasionally have to look up in extremely interesting spots. They are nice company. These are BBC videos which my sister gave me for my birthday.

I hope you have had a nice Monday. After my retirement each day is somewhat like any other day, but I still remember how hard it was to get into the swing of things on Monday. Take care. vicki

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

hi, vicki. i am ashlee duimstra. you probably know me as isaac arnquist's girlfriend. anyway, i read one of your comments on his blog and thought it was funny so i checked out your blog. i was happy to find it filled with witicisms (is that a word?). thanks for sharing your humor and your delightful thoughts. and good luck with that quilt!

Izzy said...

hey vicki...

i see ashlee found your blog--she thinks it is awesome! anyway, i just got back from winter vacation. i was in thailand and cambodia for a couple weeks and now i am back to the ball and chain known as work. ha. it's actually really good to be back...i guess i could describe it as a beach ball and chain to delightfulness. anyway, i will soon get back to my posting as soon as i get a free moment. hope all is well back in evansville. say hi to the folks back home.

stay warm...
isaac