Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Grandson


Isn't this an awesome picture? Our little guy loves the water. He's only four and 1/2, but he is good at water sports and swimming.

We are going to be seeing him as we are going on a trip to his home this weekend. I am going to continue writing this fascinating blog, though, so don't dispare.

Yesterday i hosted the book club. Three of us now since one of our members moved. We did the book, "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" by Lorna Landvik. We decided that one of the reasons we like the book so much was because it takes place in good old Minnesota. We can relate to the places mentioned. But it is also a wonderful book. The cover and title are very misleading. The name for their book club, The AHEB, was given them in a disparaging way, and the cover portrays them in that light. They are fun women and far from fluffy. Anyone would enjoy the book, I think.

We're going to do "A Passionate Man" by Joanna Trollope in March. We're going to meet at Donna's house. Hopefully we'll still be alive and kickin' by then. At our age we never know. Actually, truth be told, one never knows whatever their age whether they will be alive... We just think about it more as we get older! The handwriting seems writ large on the wall.

So we must savor our wonderful friendships and relationships. God has been very good to me in my friendships. (Now I'm sucking up to my friends. Wahoo.) But it's the truth. Good friends are the greatest. Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday. vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know you are my mom, but you are also my bestest friend ever, I love you, N