Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sorry for the delay

I am so not used to living away from home! Minnesota, that is. I like it here well enough, but I am missing all of the things that give me the ability to do what I want when I want to do it. I have so many projects I would like to do, but I would have to buy equipment which I already own back home. (whine, whine)

I set up to do painting. I have some paper and watercolors but not a board, proper tape, sprayer, coarse salt, and all the other things that are at my side at home. (whine, whine).

But I am having a ball watching the Australian Open. (Pardon the pun). I watched the Federer/Kiefer match. Kiefer looked pretty good until Federer got serious. What a fantastic player Federer is. Then I watched the Amelie Mauresmo/Justine Henin/hardeen (or some such spelling. Amelie was playing great. She took the first set and was on her way to taking the second when Justine folded. So Amelie is the winner of the Australian Open after Justine retired. What a deal. I guess it's good to win, but I wish Justine would have braved it out a few more games. Sigh.

Now comes the final between Federer from Switzerland and Bagdahti from Greek/Cypress. Bagdahti is a wild man with all kinds of supporters from Greece. The Australians have caught the chanting bug too, so he has a Greek Chorus of supporters that is hilarious. The actual games are played in the middle of the night here, so I am keeping all sorts of late night hours. Until he gets revved up, he looks just plain lame, but then he gets fired up and wins. Crazy. Beat Nalbandian after a wild match. Should be fun to watch him play the consummate gentleman, Federer.

Well, I am finally acclimated here so I should be posting more often. Lucky you. vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a wild tennis fan! I think it's hilarious and cool. Keep posting!