Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday

It's great to get to know my grandson a bit better. He is going through a period of finding himself and stubborness creeps in occasionally. Then I find myself doing what I realized was something that my father did with me. I go into an overcoming clown mode. I talk really loud, wave my arms and make menacing faces. He forgets all about whatever he was being stubborn about and gets the giggles. Mission accomplished. The adults around me are rather taken aback, but the boy and I love it. And we go on with whatever it was we were trying to do.

I first realized I was imitating my father while I was doing this when I was teaching. It worked for me then and I became rather famous for doing outrageous things. Maybe infamous would cover it better. I do love doing it, though. Maybe it's in the genes.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I wouldn't want you to feel really bad that nobody comments on your blog, so here it is.
I am Getting Ready For Guests today. Jan Fisher is coming tomorrow. I'm excited, so is carl. We bought enough food to see us through the avian flu, if we need it. Did you see Oprah that day when she had experts talking about it. Scary. Very scary. Carl says we'll stay home. We have all our toys here and will be fine.
Now I am going to bake some muffins. We went to the Falls Bakery in Fergus Falls yesterday - wow, what wonderful bread.
It is so wonderful that you are so bonded to Matthew and he to you.
Love, Carol