Monday, February 20, 2006

President's Day

I really miss the days when we had celebrations for the presidents individually. There was Washington's Birthday, the same as my brother's birthday, and Lincoln's Birthday. Now we celebrate mainly so that we can have a three day weekend. What an effete bunch.

I am reading John Adams a biography by David McCullough. It is heavy but interesting reading. The trials and tribulations of our founding fathers are laid out in a wonderful way. We should all do such reading. I have read Killer Angels, and 1776, one about the Civil war and the other about the revolutionary war, and now John Adams. I am so entranced by the books and the characters in them. Our forefathers. and mothers. Wow. and double Wow.

Happy President's Day. Hopefully our ship of state will sail on for another few years. vicki

No comments: