Monday, March 19, 2007

Small World

Wow. I got a comment from a friend and student whose class is celebrating their 50 year highschool reunion. I'm invited as their teacher ... oofta. Talk about a blast from the past. I'm so excited and I do plan to attend this gathering. I realize I'm only about 9 years older than these "kids" are now. And I'm frisky as my exercise buddies can attest! Right? I even have the hulu hoop tries up to seven revolutions. Wahoo. It will be an interesting meeting as we all try to adjust to our views of each other... after 50 years. Wow.

I also check in often to the Laurie R. King blog (there is a link on this blog) and she received a comment from a gal in Brazil. We lived in Brazil for five years, so that was another reminder of our past. Life is so interesting a weaving of the past and the present ... and then the future. What will it all entail? Carpe Diem, for sure. Make the most of every day.

I have made mention of our book club in this blog from time to time. The husband of one of our members has died. Duane was a person who made the most of every day and then fell victim to Alzheimer's. Although his final months were a challenge, his life was a blessing to all. May God bless and keep his family at this difficult time.

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Duane. I hope I never have to go through that or put others through that!

Frisky? That is putting it mildly!!!! More like the song say's ~ ~ I am Woman hear me ROAR!!

Karen L I bet you are counting the days and hours until you can see us againg, heh? We could have a Carribou pary! Please ~ ~ ANY reason to have a party!

Anonymous said...

I AM STILL WAITING TO BE INVITED TO YOUR HOUSE FOR COFFEE KAREN W. NOTICE THAT I AM SHOUTING but doing it politely.

Yes frisky is a mild term for you Vicki-spunky and funky is more like it!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I read one book so far from the new lending library and it was the BEST! Called Broken for You. I would recommend it very highly - a wonderful book. Then I started Running with Scissors, and put it down rather soon after starting it and paging through - an awful book. Depraved people.
I will be coming on Saturday with bells on. I love Della. Carol