Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday


From my window the view is both beautiful and dreary. Rain is predicted and the rusty grass will begin to turn green. The life cycle will begin again. Soon, George will be fussing with the garden (the left part behind the birdhouse he uses and the right part behind the foreground tree our neighbor uses). George and I have begun saying, "Well, I guess we will see another spring!" At our age, nothing is certain. In reality, at any age, nothing is certain... but at our age we can see the handwriting on the wall... each day of life is a tremendous gift!
Yesterday I went to a birthday party for Ellen Eilers. She is 90 years old and is still completely dedicated to living! Somewhere on this blog I included a picture of her. Her art is great, but even more inspiring is her zest for living. At her party I was chatting with the others at the table and we were discussing whether we would want to live to 100. We all agreed that we would like it if we could have all our marbles and reasonably good health. In actuality, of course, we just keep on truckin' with what we have. So far so good.
On that note, I will trundle off to getting dressed and ready for church. I am lector today. I love being lector. I get up in front of the congregation and look out and see the people whom I love. And then, I have the privilege of reading the Lord's message to them. Doesn't get much better than that! What a thrill to be alive and "Still Kickin".
Take care.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and positive message- daily inspiration. And I even know the writer! And she is my best friend! Wow!
While you were at the Ellen party, I was slogging away on my studio floor - do you remember the paint and dirt and doggie fuzz from their haircuts etc etc.?
Well you could eat off the floor if you want to, but I don't suppose you want to, but all the paint and gunk is gone and it looks like new! Thanks to Corrine
Stinton and her tip about Greased Lightning! What a miracle cleaner. So today after church and a little lunch (Carl is still up north somewhere fishing) I tackled the kitchen floor with this marvel. Of course the kitchen floor gets washed pretty regularly and has not paint spattered all over, but still, it looks great. I have to wear a mask when I use this stuff tho.

So I was the lector today too, and I also love it.
Hello frannie! love, Carol

Anonymous said...

I put this on yesterday's blog today so maybe Fran won't see it. I just wanted to tell her that we got it the first time - she has lost 30 pounds - she didn't need to rub it in 3 times! Anyway we are all proud of you.
I have lost 15 pounds since December.
Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

I only wrote it a measly 3 times! And I do love this picture of your back yard, Loretta.
I have three large bags and boxes of clothes for GoodWill size 18. I don't recommend diabetes for the impetus to eat a lot less .

Anonymous said...

I missed your postings last week while I was gone so I went back and viewed them. I LOVED your painting of the tree and the story was a wonderful extra!!!!!

I always get a laugh out of Fran's multiple listings!! FRAN Patience is a VIRTUE!!!!!

It was good to get together at the gym today and you are looking ever more stunning!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is this stuff about at our age we don't know how much time we have left. We never did know that. But at your young age don't start looking for death, just delight over now. Celebrate the day. You are ten years younger than I am --take joy in that. Love, Fran.

Anonymous said...

So take that Vicki! I guess you've been told by your sister. I chuckle many times when I read the posted musings between the two of you! I bet it is a grand time when you are together.

Everyday is indeed a gift and it seems we are reminded almost daily. Sometimes it is hard to be thankful for the day at hand or that has been but there is a reason for everything or so I been led to believe.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have heard Loretta's lector. She can really do that just right. You hear and feel every message. She should have been ordained. Fran/.