Friday, March 16, 2007

Whew!

I had a big day yesterday. To the gym. To Alexandria. Home to make dinner. To the Art Center to work in the lending library. (It's open Thursday evenings from 5 to 8.) Then to an Americal Legion Auxiliary meeting. I have just joined this group and it is fun to attend.

By the time I got home at 9 o'clock, I was really tired out. But what fun that there is still so much to do at my "advanced" age. Today I have been taking it easy and only went down to the Center for a couple of hours. I'm still working at arranging the books. Some of the other volunteers were there, too, and we talked over plans for the library area, as well as set up some things getting ready for the open house tomorrow for Della Conroy, the featured artist.

I hope that many of you will come to meet her and peruse the art as well as check out the new library area. See you there? Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am eager to hear about the new library. Books as you know are my thing. Fran

Anonymous said...

Well, Vicki--Mrs. Larson as we would have addressed our English teacher in 1957 (we knew our boundaries), I have now seen the PAIRS as well as other colorful paintings; of course I liked the winter photograph; and I've learned 'way more about blogging. I for sure don't want you weeping because no one cares about your blog (to say nothing about you)--simply isn't true. Class of '57 will rendezvous June 2 and 3--most are contacted now. One Larry Anderson, totally out of touch x 50 years, is most enthusiastic responder of all. He/I are having catharsis of odd HS recollections never before discussed. Seems he reads prolifically, never parts with his books. Your influence??

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki: I am so excited about the lending library. I hope I have time to come visit soon. What are the hours again? This tax schedule of mine interferes with the possibility of having a life at the moment.

bananafish said...

The American Legion Auxiliary?????? your daughter