Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lucky Double Seven


Yesterday was my 77th birthday. Karen W. brought balloons and made a cake and we celebrated at the gym. Such fun. Barby wasn't there or Colleen, but the rest of the usual suspects came. I have received GREAT cards and gifts. I had a wonderful start to the day.
Later I got sick again with the diverticulitis and went to the ER in Alex. Why do I always wait until evening when the clinic is closed. Sigh. I had a big art show to go to also, and had to miss it. Sigh. A variation on the old saw about the best laid plans, etc., etc. from Robby Burns. "The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley." I'm neither a mouse nor a man, but the idea is still valid!
Anyhoo, After receiving the attentions of all of the nurses and doctors at the ER and many rather invasive and uncomfortable X-rays and CT scans, George took me home at 2 am on June 9. I learned that they send the results of the CT scan to Australia to be read there because they are up and at it during our night. Our radiologists will look at it today!
The lucky part was that I made it, I guess. I'm ready and rarin' to go into my next year. Actually I'm not rarin' ... More like whimpering. But I hope that this experience teaches me not to be too exultant about what I am going to do. Stay flexible. It is also teaching me to appreciate every little thing that comes my way each day. My great family and friends. Wahoo. All in all, I loved my lucky double seven birthday. Thank you, one and all. Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I always hate to hear you had an episode!!! All the more reason to let you know EVERY DAY how very precious and dear you are to me!!

You balloons looked GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come your comments say 0 comments? I knew I left a comment?

Izzy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear vicki! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUU!