Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday Morning Blues



I again include a painting trying to counteract a down day. I was doing so well and then opened some doctor's bills. They had yet to be sent to Medicare and the supplemental insurer so they were large. My reaction was so strange. I felt like crying and I got cold and I basically fell apart. George was not at home so I got out my warm quilt and sat down and tried to get it back together. The reaction was so far from what I should have had that it scared me, but it also interested me. I am way more emotional than I used to be. I presume that is part of my present illness. I will have days of strength and days of weakness for awhile... then slowly (hopefully not too slowly) I will have strong days most of the time. Today has turned out to be a day for rest and recovery.

Yesterday was a great day of conversation and reunion with dear friends. Book club is the greatest. Since our last actual book club get together one of us has lost her husband and one of us has had a health emergency. We had a chance to talk with no holds barred. We have such a wonderful friendship. Hats off to friends.

Back to resting. Sigh. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, friendships are wonderful!! Especially when one can be choosey about the friends they have! I hand select mine like a fine wine.

Don't hesitate to call my cell when you are having a down time. I know how to slap you up like a boxing coach ~ stuff you with cotton to stop the bleeding and send you out for round 9!! Yeehaw!