Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm baaaaaaaack!

It seems to me that that sentence was included in some sort of scary movie... but the truth of the matter is that I woke up this morning with a smile on my face, feeling as though I was back. I have had two months of abysmal health, but I definitely feel that I am back to being me. Some might question the efficacy of that, but I am extremely glad.

I am still weak and need to get my stamina back, but my brain feels clear and my spirits are up. Wahoo! Yesterday I had a colonoscopy, which those of you who have experienced it know is not the most pleasant of medical procedures. As they semi-sedate you, it isn't too bad. The worst part for me is the stuff you have to drink getting ready for the procedure. I HATE IT. But it's in the past, now, and today I feel great.

It's great when food tastes good. The simplest food now is like food for the gods. During my struggles with antibiotics, I had a terrible time eating anything and keeping it down. Now all of my wonderful taste buds are serving me well. Yippee.

Take care and stay well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! I can hear it in your words that you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon. I am leaving 6am friday to go see my new grandson (Isaac) in Sioux City. Rachel and Ha are proud parents of a 7# 13oz. boy.

Anonymous said...

So glad you ae revived to being your old vibrant self. Keep itup. Love Fran.

Anonymous said...

Grrrreat!!!! I'm sooo glad you are feeling better. I can't see you tho - I'm off to Mexico in the morning for the wedding - see you at bookclub when I get back (bookclub is thursday the 5th at my house at 9:30 - get Donna Jeana to pick you up.)

Sioux City!!! My home town, say hello to it Barby.
Carol

Izzy said...

luckily, i haven't discovered the bowel-wrenching queasiness of a colonoscopy. i am not looking forward to it. when do you figure i will start needing to get the old colon checked out?

Anonymous said...

Izzy, when your fifty...

Anonymous said...

Oh mu gosh!!!! People have flocked to your blog and posted before I even got to see it!!!

I will have you know my exercising has been abysmal (is that the proper way to use it?) since you haven't been there!!!

Looks like the colonoscopy has dominated the conversation. Not really but it just seems like it! I would stop my birthdays just to NOT have one of those!!!

I saw Karen L was Faithfully working out today! I would have been there but my husband decided to rearrange my schedule! Tomorrow. . . maybe.

Hugs and Kisses!