Monday, June 11, 2007

More birthday stuff...



Ok. I'm doing a tango with this site. I was already into doing this blog when I somehow hit the wrong key and it just evaporated. I am going to give you a wonderful recipe for egg stuff that Carol Leah served at our last book club in place of deviled eggs. It's great so here goes... I will try to get it done this time.

Chili Egg Puff

10 eggs

1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 pint cottage cheese

1/2 cup melted butter

1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese ( I presume shredded)

2 four ounce cans of diced green chili

Beat eggs until light. Add all ingredients except cheese and chilies. Blend with beater. Stir in cheese and chilies. Pour into 9/13 buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until center is firm and top is brown. about 35 minutes. You might check with a knife in the center for doneness... Makes 10 - 12 servings.

She says you can double it or halve it.

Yum. Yum. Take care.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 cans of chili peppers sounds HOT...HOT....HOT!!!!! Other than that the recipe sounds great.

Anonymous said...

Carol U. made it and used green peppers. This is a recipe that you can vary in the details as long as you get the base right. It is absolutely fabulous, in my opinion! How about a bit of bacon - or ham - or????

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if I could get green chilies....don't know what that is. I guess if I could use green peppers chopped up that would be ok. I must say I would welcome a reprieve from deviled eggs... Fran;

Anonymous said...

By the way we did get your start of the blog at the end of the second one. Fran

bananafish said...

yum mom, I don't suppose we could make the chili recipe while i'm visiting? it sounds very very tasty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki, what is your email address? I have a great photo of the rhubarb leaf birdbath to send you...and KW if I get her address also. I think our men will be getting a new project. I am thankful that Jeffrey took the reins on this project!

Or is there someway for me to post a picture with my comment? I am not very tech savy!

Anonymous said...

OK. So I was playing delivery girl today and I just happened to time it right and was graciously invited in to try the pan of Chili puff!! Naomi made it while Vicki was at the doctor. And I have to let everyone know I give my COMPLETE approval!!! Naomi cut the butter in 1/2 and used black olives also. It was wonderful!!!! Plus I got to enjoy a sip of great coffee in a tiny cup from England!!! So, I was Quadruplely Blessed!!!