Sunday, July 02, 2006

Festivities


Please notice that Naomi and John Ya Ya (Naomi and Tony's dog) are here for a visit. She is responsible for the fact that on the right hand side of this blog there are now LINKS! Wow. She showed me how to do it, but I doubt I can replicate her motions, so for now, these are the available links.

Our small town is in full swing. There are myriad events planned for today including parades, meals, tractor pulls, co-ed volleyball tournament, men's slowpitch softball tournament, church service, Garden Club flower show,bed races, money in the straw, dunk tank, pedal pull, bounce house, food vendors, giggle the clown, pony rides, horse drawn wagon rides, petting zoo, live entertainment. I am going to take part this evening in the variety show. I will be reading my poem, "Fly -Mania." Wahoo.

After the variety show there will be a baseball game and watermelon feed... and then the main event! The fireworks!!!

Today I will be sitting the Coffeehouse Art Center so people can meander in and look over the art and artefacts we have collected. The parade will go past so I can watch it, too. George will be riding on the American Legion float... A fine time will be had by all but John Ya Ya, who will have to stay home. Poor baby. Ah, well.. there is always someone who must suffer. Right. I'll tell you tomorrow how it all went. The little kids should have a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, the reading is entertaining and inspiring! Yes the "l" should be upper case - "L". Typing (in my day we learned to type, now it is known as keyboarding) is not and never has been one of my finer attributes. A dictionary and a thesaurus are now companions on the desk next to the computer.