Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hi There!


It's so much fun to choose these pictures at random. This picture of childhood glee should make the day for all of us!

The weather is supposed to be brutally hot for the next few days. The absence of rain is already being felt in the condition of the gardens and grass. Our corn, however, is extraordinarily tall. Rather than being knee high by the fourth of July, it was six foot tall, at least. Phenomenal.

I hope to get to the gym today. However, with my pals not in attendance, it is a bit off putting to go. I think I get more from the fun talk at the gym than I do from the exercise, although the exercise is essential, according to my doctor. Laughing and talking about this and that is therapeutic for me. I leave feeling all pumped up and rarin' to go. When silence reigns supreme, I leave a bit downcast. I miss youse guys.

Yesterday I got my cake made early. Angel food cake with whipped cream, peach slices and lemon sauce. Yummy. Everyone seemed suitably stuffed. I made everything (but the cake) with Splenda (tm) so I could eat it, too. Double yummy.

We met at a beautiful home on the north shore of Lake Clitherall. Part of its interest is a lighthouse that has been there for many years. It has a widow's walk way up high. The view was entrancing. Lots of fun talk. As you are detecting, talking is high on my list of desirable activities. Yada, yada, as Seinfeld would say.

Well. Into survival mode. How to beat the heat, Episode One, tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who was at the lighthouse and for what occasion. Love, Anon Fran

Vicki Larson said...

It's the retired pastors and spouses get together. The lighthouse is on one of their properties, next to their very splendiforous house. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I have been excercising a bit earlier than usual-trying to get many activites packed in to one day as possible as of late. I do miss the conversation also-was wondering what happened to the other Karen. I love to read your thoughts on anything and everything!

bananafish said...

Well, the heat will definitly be felt in the no air conditioning classroom. The students have already started whining. 2 1/2 weeks to go. sigh. I am going to go exercising with my exercise club tonight! First time in months for me! Boy do I need it! 3 weeks until Hawaii. YIkes!

Izzy said...

i wish this heat wave story would stop when meeting an ocean or border. unfortunately, it doesn't though...so i am suffering in the heat too. muggy, muggy, muggy, MUGGY!

have you eaten corn on the cob yet? what about watermelon and cherries? some nice big brats? ah...the food of summer--delish!

isaac

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»