Friday, July 14, 2006

No such luck

Well, no rain for us. It went north of us and south of us, but not at us. Evidently it didn't like it that we looked prepared. The picture scared it off. Do ya suppose? Right.

Today I am just staying in the house painting and keeping cool and reading and resting. A great day. George is out golfing... right through the heat of the day. He should be having a good time though with Jeff, Paul and Kelly. The old gang catching up on all the news. I just hope he keeps cool enough. Then he can come home and take a nice long nap in our cool house in his recliner.

I got a much appreciated phone call from Karen this morning. She has been having a good week in Kentucky. They are on their way home to their new house. I wonder if the new place feels like home yet. It might take a while. It is such a beautiful place I know they are going to love living there, but it takes a while for it to feel comfy!

We are going to meet at the gym next week Tuesday. (Saturday is ARt Studio Tour and Sunday I work at the gallery. I am meeting a new friend and and paint with her right there at the gallery. That should be interesting. Monday I have book club and we are reading Night of the Radishes by Sandra Benitez. I liked it a lot. Carol J said she didn't think the writing was very good. I will be interesting to hear our discussion and find out what she didn't like about it. I will try to remember to report.) But Tuesday is Gym Day and boy will we be talking up a storm!

Have a good day and keep cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»