Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Looking at Life


When you're depressed you are looking at life this way. Hard to make sense of what is happening and everything is rather distorted. This is a picture taken of a truck while lieing underneath it. Absolutely accurate, but the view is unusual and not helpful for living the everyday life of the ordinary person.

As you can see, I am desperately seeking subjects for this blog. This was another random picture choice and a picture taken by my son to show him one of the steps of putting a running board on his new truck. Stay tuned and you will probably be seeing another view of the truck.

Greta gave a talk at our ladies' meeting yesterday about the work in Cambodia by her group, Pepy Ride (which has morphed into Pepy and Pepy Tours). Absolutely fascinating to see what a couple of young women have accomplished with an idea that has mushroomed into a well established tax exempt charity. If you want to check it out, go to their web page. I will include it in the next blog entry, as I can't stay on this one and look at hers. I would put it as a link, but I have to wait for Naomi to come to do that, I'm afraid. She showed me how, but you know how that goes!

I am going to try to go to the gym today, but I am also baking an angel food cake early before the temperature gets too high, so we'll see if I get done soon enough. I suppose I could go at a different time, but habit dies hard.

My parting advice is stand upright to look at life! (Unless you're an automotive mechanic.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say you find it hard to find things to blog about..it doesn't stop me from e-mailing my gazettes every day or so. It provides a way of staying connected. I check your blog every day to find out what you are doing, thinking and remembering.

Anonymous said...

Dito to Anonymous (Fran)

I check your blog to find out how you are doing and you don't seem to be doing very well. I will pray for you on my way to Kentucky.

Will touch base with you on Friday.

Keep the Faith

Love
Karen

Izzy said...

i also check your blog everyday. i like the picture in this post...it is good to get a different perspective on things you use everyday.

glad to hear my sis gave an alright performance.

summer vacation is almost here....i can't wait! enjoy the weather!

isaac

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»