Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good Night Shirt!!!!!!!!

This is an expletive that I use when I am excitably dismayed. I got an e-mail from my sister telling me that she had my Tuesday blog but where was my Wednesday blog? I mean, I ask you. The pressure is too much. And then she doesn't even leave a comment to cheer me on my way. As you may have gathered, if you DO read my blog, I REALLY like comments. Ah, well, it shows that she is actually reading my blog and I like that... but I do like comments, too. What will she do while I am camping? She won't have her blog fix. It will be a nice vacation from blogging. That might be good. I will come home all fired up and try to have some good snapshots, etc. I'm sure I will be glad to get back in the saddle again.

I have tons of stuff to do before we set out camping. Getting ready to go, of course. But other things, too. Carol, Nancy and I will be setting up our art exhibit on Sunday afternoon. We are going to call it, "Pastors' Wives are Painters, too (or Three)." Pretty foxy! It should be great fun. on August 29th we will be having an open-house tea thingy from 5-8:30 pm. It is the same night as the openhouse at school, but people like to make two things in one night, so that should be no problem. It will be art by Carol Ulrich, Nancy Lee and I. Should be fun.

Tomorrow I work at the gallery in Battle Lake again. And next Tuesday at 9:30 at the Methodist Church in Alexandria, I give a talk at Brush and Palette Club.. I am going to talk about one of my favorite living artists, May Stevens. I had the privilege of hearing her speak and seeing her show when she was at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.

In between these adventures, we must get ready to go on our trip. Going on a camping trip is rather a complicated deal. Meals: "let's keep it simple this year." Supplies: "let's keep it simple this year." Art supplies: "let's make it complicated this year." Sigh. We'll see how it goes.

Off to get ready to go to the gym. I will have to walk when I am on my camping trip. Hopefully.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foxy indeed! you are quite the clever one! will miss you while you are camping-when are you going anyway?

Anonymous said...

Fran said she tried to leave a comment but was unsuccessful. The web page has been acting colicky lately, so I thought I would try it out.

bananafish said...

No hopefully about it! Both you and Dad need walks everyday. It will be romantic. I can't wait to see you up there!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»