Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rain


Remember the childhood ditty, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day?" Well, this is the day I want it to come. Fat chance. Our beautiful six foot tall corn is going to be fried if we don't have some rain soon. I picked this picture trying to give the sky a gentle hint. We'll see if it will work! Prayer is a better idea. Although I do like this picture and picked it especially. It can't hurt.

I promised you the web address of Greta's Pepy (Protect the Earth, Protect Yourself) group: http://www.pepyride.org Fabulous outfit to read about and support as you are able.

I plan to go to the gym today and call up to get a hair appointment. My hair is out of control. Way too long and bushy. I think I will go to Alex and get a hair cut and go to an airconditioned coffee house and read. Yes, that's my plan. I'll let you know if I actually accomplish it. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley... or something. Poor old Robby Burns is remembered for the strangest things. But at least he is remembered!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure too try to get the Alice Steinbach book. Would like to get tgether in cool coffee shop to read here or there! Went out to Target for grovceries, I'm fried.

Izzy said...

i'm climbing a mountain the next couple days, so i hope the rain doesn't come again on this day. i think it will though, it is the rainy season.

have you been watching the twins this summer? i hope they can make up all that ground against the chisox and tigers.

lata,
isaac

bananafish said...

Oh! That picture--I don't even really remember the occasion. I am HOT! We got a bit of rain last evening which has turned my backyard into a jungle I can't keep up with! YIKES!