Friday, July 07, 2006

Say what?


Writing a blog sometimes weighs heavy on the spirits of the blog writer. For the last few days I have just had nothing to say. I know some of you find that difficult to believe, but nevertheless.. there you are.

I went to a series of pictures which are labelled with numbers and no descriptive material and just picked one at random, and this is the picture which came up. A picture of super gardener and superboy. It was glorious having our son and grandson here for two weeks, and this is one of the pictures which was captured. Great.

I am working once again at the art gallery at Battle Lake today. The Art of the Lakes Gallery is a collection of more than 100 artists who have a club and a gallery. Our mission is to support the arts in the area while offering many services to the young. Right now we are sponsoring a project at the BL school where the local kids are painting a huge mural on the wall of the all purpose/lunch room. We have two professional guiding artists and are hoping for a response from the kids. It has often proved difficult to find those kids who are interested in the arts and are able to commit a day or two to painting. I will report on the response later.

Another project we are doing as an art club is painting two benches for people to sit on on the main street. We are going to paint them as an homage to Van Gogh... Should be a blast. I hope to be involved in the painting.... if I am in the neighborhood at the proper time. I will try to include a picture of those benches when they are done.

It also is time that I should shuffle the paintings I have hanging in the BL gallery for some new ones. But which paintings? Hmmmm. I will give it some thought.

Take care and have a good day. Our weather is supposed to be very hot here, so keep cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your picture!

Nothing to say? It is because you didn't come to the gym and get your "prime the pump" talk. Tisk Tisk Tisk!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»