Saturday, June 24, 2006

kitchen cabinets reborn



These are rather disappointing pictures of the spanking clean kitchen cabinets. I am so thrilled with them as they are beautiful and newly exciting. I wonder how long it will be before I will take them for granted and no longer notice their splendor? It would be like those folks who have a marvelous mountain view out the window and never notice it because of its familiarity. Or those who live at the lake and never glance out the window. Hmmm. I do love the kitchen cabinets, though, and think I will be less stressed day by day because of the wonderful soothing color.

We miss John and Matthew and Piper, the dog. They did so much to enhance our quality of life while they were here. We wish them well on the rest of their trip out to their new home in Virginia. Beth is with them now, so they are happy campers! Bon voyage.

Our whole town is gearing up to celebrate the 4th of July. It is the 125th anniversary of the founding of our fair city, so a special hoopla is in order. All kinds of fun stuff is planned. I will try to keep you somewhat posted on the most exciting of the events. For now I am going back to my recliner for a short nap. I've been waking up at 4 lately, so a nap is in order. I will try to post this blog more often. In the next blog I will include a picture of the art stanchion that John built me. There should be a better descriptive word for it, and perhaps I will know it by tomorrow. Have a good day!

No comments: