Saturday, June 10, 2006

Today is Awesome, too

I hit the wrong button or something on that last posting. So everything evaporated. The reason it is an awesome time is that our son and his son and their dog are here for an extended visit. Today is more awesome because our daughter and her husband are also coming today. We have three birthdays in June between us, so we are going to do a big huzzah today. Great. Yup. I think that qualifies as awesome.

I don't have much time for an extended post, but I just wanted to explain what happened with the last one. My brain isn't completely fried, just slightly poached. More as the days progress and I get my brain back... IF I get my brain back. At this advanced age, who knows? (The Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of man.) You youngsters won't remember that radio show, but I grew up listening to that sentence said in a sepulchral tone. Any of you remember the sinister laugh that went with it? Or was that somewhere else? We used to race home from school to listen to radio programs. Jack Armstrong - The All American Boy, The Green Hornet, The Lone Ranger, Dick Tracy, and The Shadow. There were others, too. Orphan Annie was one. The radio was a big cabinet one, and I would lay on the carpet glued to every word. Such fun. We would save up cereal box tops and send for decoder rings from Dick Tracy.

Well.. so much for my walk down memory lane. Have a GREAT Saturday.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

i am glad you are having/had an awesome day. i, too, had an awesome day and it continues to keep going because i am staying up way past my bedtime in order to watch the USA vs czech republic world cup soccer match. should be a good one.
isaac

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki - at the same time you were lying face down (or not) on the floor in front of your radio, I was sneaking around the back of the big cabinet to see the people. My brother told me that if I was quiet enough, I'd be able to see them. They are very tiny, said he. Well I was never quiet enough.