Monday, June 26, 2006

Singing Bird


"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come."
Chinese Proverb.

This was the framing I was doing night before last when I cut my finger with the razor blade. It is a collage with mixed media, 14 inches by 8 inches.
There was a spot at the Coffeehouse Art Center display that needed a small painting this size, so Gwen said I should paint one. Abracadabra. I pruned this from a larger painting I had already done that didn't quite jell. Fun.

Today is our book club meeting. We are meeting at a recuperative center in Alexandria this morning (The Knute Nelson Home). One of our members just had knee replacement surgery and is not yet at home. Our get-together is always fun. And this venue will be a new experience for us. We have just read "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson. This is the kind of book that takes a long time to read. There is a ponderable moment on almost every page. It won the Pulitzer Prize. Wonderful reading. I loved it, as you can tell.

Off to my day. Have a good one! Hope we have a singing bird in our hearts today!

1 comment:

Izzy said...

singing birds. ah. something so peaceful about that. it makes me want to fall into a great slumber and not wake up until the cock crows.

make sure you take a lot of pictures at the july 4th festivities!

isaac