Monday, June 05, 2006

Quilts


You remember back when I was talking about doing the quilts for my nephew's kids. Well, they're totally completed so I thought I would try to get a picture of one of them. It was cloudy outside just coming on a storm, so I laid them on the grass and snapped away. This picture will give you a feel for what they're like, and I will include another of the blue quilt another day. I am looking forward to seeing them soon as they travel to their new home in Nebraska, and I am SO glad that I managed to get these quilts done. The yellow triangle at the top is just a peek at the quilt's reverse color.

I spent a couple of days with my sister this weekend and we talked up a storm. We have to be sure to sleep in different rooms or we would never stop talking! We were trying to make up for lost time as for five years she lived up the hill from me and we could get together whenever we wanted to, but now the hours are limited and precious that we can be together. We talk on the phone and are on e-mail, but being together is the best. In our family there were three siblings, my sister, my brother and me. I am the baby! At 75, I am STILL the baby. We are so fortunate that we are all still alive and more or less OK. It gives us a special enjoyment of each other and the lives which we are still able to lead. God has been very good to us. We had a wonderful home life with parents who nurtured us and insisted that we be educated. We've all three had exceptionally fulfilling lives. Now, we'll see if my siblings agree with me after they read this glowing account!

We need to cherish our times with each other, all of us with our loved ones. Those days can come to a screeching halt at any time. Enjoy your life one day at a time. Yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»