Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Potpouri

I have lots of different stuff bubbling up to the top of my consciousness this morning. One thing is a total irritation about those screwy letters they have to prove that you are a person and not just a computer generated comment. That would be fine if I could read those letters. The g's look like q's, the m's and w's are sometimes confusing, etc., etc., and I often do not get my comments printed because I cannot correctly transcribe the distorted letters. Or are my comments so offensive that they are not allowable? I don't think so. I'm generally rather a mild mannered sort. Oh, well. I will survive.

Yesterday at book club we had a great time. The Knute Nelson establishment has an inordinate number of halls leading hither and thither, however. I finally was able to negotiate one particular route to retrieve my forgotten book bag from the patio, but I felt a bit like one of the great explorers in doing so.

The get together was fabulous. Donna is doing great after her joint replacement and was busy traversing the multitude of hallways with a most ingenious walker that she propelled while resting her arms on a padded surface. In that way she could stand erect and not lean over. She had distorted her whole frame resting on a four pronged cane for lo these many months. Now, the idea is to get her back to an erect posture. It seems to be going very well. She also still has her effervescent personality and is looking forward to returning home today.

We all agreed that the book was outstanding and one that we wanted to continue to read, dipping into it occasionally for inspiration. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Fabulous. We all highly recommend it.

After book club we went to downtown Alexandria for a shopping spree. We were very encouraged by finding fun shops and great sale prices. Can anything be better? Alexandria has done so well by their downtown while also generating a great mall. Now with the advent of several huge discount stores, I hope the antique and funky clothes shops will continue to prosper, as well as the mall. Do we have enough population to support them all? Time will tell.

Well, off to Battle Lake to sit the gallery. Hopefully we will sell tons of art. Right. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one art dealer to another...........hope you sell a ton of art and make your expenses.

Aloha,
'
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Mild mannered??? Cough Cough ~ gasp!!

Hope you didn't park too long in Alex and get a ticket!

You all should have seen Vicki this morning before Art of the Lakes! She looked stunning!!