Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Painting of a different sort


Our son is busy helping us redo our kitchen cabinets. They don't really need it. Right. As you can see, I inflicted great bodily harm on one of the doors at Christmas time. I was so intent on lighting one of the advent wreath's candles that I forgot about the candle that was already lit on the opposite (back) side of said wreath. It didn't even set off the smoke alarm, but it was a bit of a jolt. Oofta. Luckily, I saw the problem almost immediately and removed the source of the flame at once.

We (The "we" I mention is our son, his son, my husband and me) are presently removing and cleaning all of the cabinet doors and the drawers. Then we are going to prime and paint. I will update this account as we progress. We're bound to have some humorous or not so humorous problems along the way.

"The boys" went fishing last evening and brought back a catch of sunfish. The four and a half year old was as ecstatic at catching them as the 82 year old was at seeing him catch them. The 40 year old kept them safe and sound. Really exciting times here in mid Minnesota. Work hard all day and then, go fishin'. Or golfin. Life is good.

The weather is glorious again today. I was afraid it would be cold while our boys were home, but it is turning out just perfect. The corn is growing by inches every night while I seep, and the rest of the stuff is just amazing. My view from the keyboard is all marvelous shades of green as contrasted to the dark brown of rich earth. Fab. Have a good day.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

good to hear stories from the lake country. sunfish--they need to introduce that species over here! next time you should make sushi out of the sunfish. that would be interesting!
isaac

Anonymous said...

something about that photo is very striking. I love it!