Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, My Goodness!!!

Well. Finally. My computer is back home. I still have an issue or two, but it is looking up. I got the virus protection, etc., all taken care of. I have discovered a stellar repair person/angel right here in town so I don't have to panic when something occurs! Or doesn't occur. My e-mail is completely weird and I have no idea how to get it back to where it looks right. All in due time, though, is my motto. Sigh. I have a completely wiped clean slate: no pictures, no documents, no nothing on my computer. Luckily I managed to back up some of it a while back. Now my
CD Rom drive tray belt is already acting up (as the "angel" said it might) so I cannot reinstall this stuff. Hopefully my "angel" will be able to advise. THE ONGOING SAGA.......

It is amazing how discombobulated one feels when the life line to the outside world is interfered with. Not good. However, it is nice to be back home. I have been rather ill with a bit of my diverticulitis, but it looks as though I am on the way to complete recovery for the moment. We'll have to wait and see.

I am soldiering away on my "vicki room." I hope to get some order out of chaos soon. Naomi spent some time helping me, thank God, so I am not totally discouraged. now if I can continue to make small improvements day by day, there may be hope. Then, if I can be sure of the internet stuff working for the time being at least, I can get back to painting.

It was fun to get back to the gym. We had a small birthday party and jollity was enjoyed by us all. We are becoming better and better friends. Take care

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was getting rather enough of oofda. I check your blog every day so it is good to have you back. we can still use our cell phones but...say hello from me to the gym buddies. Fran.

Anonymous said...

I heard that I missed a birthday party-I love cake! Oh well, such is the life of being a working gal-I need to retire I think.

Anonymous said...

Well, Karen l, we miss you when you are gone. We know where you are, though, so it isn't like you have disappeared completely and we are frantically searching or anything! Sorry you missed the cake. vicki