Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yup! I'm still kickin'!

I am at Fran's so thought I would kick out a blog! Last night Naomi and I went to Best Buy and bought a hard drive which Tony is proceeding to install in my computer. A million thanks to both of them. What a wonderful deal. I get so "complexado" by the troubles with my computer. That is a Portuguese word which means I have a complex about being able to log on. I NEED MY COMPUTER FIX EVERY FEW HOURS OR I GET REALLY IRRITABLE AND CRABBY! So hopefully it will be all accomplished to the point that I will be able to cope! If not, watch out. I will be very crabby until I am able to cope!

Another thing that happened to me that blew my mind was the loss of a small wrapped package in my small home. It completely disappeared. The package was about the size of a baseball, then wrapped in bubble wrap and in a white plastic shop bag. It was not in the garbage as I searched through all the garbage (including endless coffee grounds!) or the other places it could be. In short... it just disappeared!

Naomi and I went to IKEA this morning. For goodness sakes. It is completely overwhelming. I bought a few little completely clever things: ten bookends, five magazine holder boxes, and five clothes hangers, all for just slightly more than ten dollars. Amazing. But there is just too much to get your mind around.

I am hearing a siren. That is a noise that Fran hears a lot here as we live close to a fire station. For this small town girl, it still gives me a little shiver.

Fran is here now and says I must come to eat lunch or the coffee will get cold. Perish the thought. My Norwegian genes are vibrating in horror at such a fate. Take care.

3 comments:

bananafish said...

hey mom, i had fun with you today. hope your day with fran is fun.

Anonymous said...

Hidi Ho!

It's a good thing you are away visiting Fran or we would have to put up with your Crabbiness!!!!

I bet you could be a very good crabby person!!

I agree with Fran ~ I hate coffee that gets cool. I heat mine in the microwave every couple of minutes!

Are you having deviled eggs with your coffee?

See you at the gym tomorrow ~ Spit - Spot!!!!

Love
Karen

Anonymous said...

Computer failure makes me crabby also-The darn things should just work when you turn it on. My internet was giving me trouble so I called the help line and a patient young man helped me get back online. I wonder what these "help" people are really thinking as they talk someone like me through a problem?! (I could not decide which punctuation mark to use-so I used them both! and again)