Wednesday, January 31, 2007

?????

Well. This is one of my early paintings that I gave to John for his birthday about 8 years ago. I took a picture of the painting now when I was out in Virginia. The caption says something like, "You were expecting maybe Rembrandt?"

As you can see, I was unable to use the cropping feature that I used to have and I have been unable to use the pix that I have in Picasa2 where I have a cropping feature. I thought I was a bit overwrought until I read some of the complaints on the picasa2 comment board. People are a bit excited over the lack of cooperation of the two features. It will be corrected, all in due time, I am sure.

At least the little fellow in the painting is still smiling!

I didn't make it to the gym this morning as our choir was singing at the funeral for one of our long time members. She was 83 years old. I looked around the choir and the congregation and realized that many of us are teetering on the brink of being the one being sung for. What a wonderful rich life we have had together in our church, and that rich life is merely the threshhold for an even richer life. Say "hi" to Jesus for us, Ruby.

I sit next to a woman in choir who had gone to grade school with her and they had spent all those years as friends. We have a rich heritage and inheritance. Take care.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

i dig the painting. i think you could be the next big time children book illustrator. is it still frigidly cold there? are the snowmobiles out in full force? have you been zooming around on one with george?

take care, stay warm,
isaac

Anonymous said...

Just for your Information: I have never zoomed around in a snowmobile. WAY TOO COLD FOR ME!! When we first arrived we bought a used snowmobile from Tom Juul. After John left and we didn't use it any more, we gave it back to Tom and he revamped it into an "as new" condition, as only he could do.
It really is Cold here for this weekend. BRRR.