Friday, January 05, 2007

tgif

We watched the movie Miracle about the USA hockey team that won the Olympics in 1980. It was fun to sit around and have movie night. I am getting to the point that I feel like I miss an appreciable lot through deafness, so I bought a cheapy tv ears deal to help. I'm not sure it helps at all, but it can really make my life interesting. I pick up everything in the room BUT the tv. Sometimes it nearly blasts me into the next county. I am hoping I will become accustomed to its use enough to be able to listen to tv without having it on too high when everyone else is sleeping. I will keep you posted as to my success!

I am driving around the country side and learning where things are. Went to Poquoson to the Food Lion store this afternoon. Also the other direction to the Ben Franklin. We ate at the Chick-fil-a. The kids couldn't believe I didn't know what that was before I came here. It's pronounced Chick filet like filet mignon. Excellent restaurant. Had a great grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with onion, tomato and lettuce. Yummy.

I am painting up a storm but regret I don't have the wherewithall (sp?) to share pix of the paintings with you. When I am back in Evansville, I will. I hesitate to go to bed yet as it is too early for me and then I wake up too early. I did that yesterday ... woke up at 4. Too bad.

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see your new painting. Your passion to paint is astonishing. Someday I hope to own one of your paintings. Well...off to the gym this morning before I tackle all of the weekend tasks.

bananafish said...

Hey ma, missing you here in good ol' mn. i've never heard of chik fil a either so there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,
A bunch of us here at excercise are wondering when you will be back? We miss you! I hope that you aren't set back in your hoola hoop progress since you haven't been working on it lately. The gang here has really increased in the new year. It has been wild, and you haven't even been here! When will we see you again?