Friday, January 19, 2007

oofta

Any self respecting person of Norwegian ancestry should probably spell that word "Uffda", but who ever said I was a self respecting person!

I have been stuck in Mpls because I got sick and didn't feel I could drive myself home. So I am hoping to make it later this afternoon. Fran has been putting up with me on her sofa and we have been having fun inspite of all.

Turns out there is much more to getting my poor old computer up and running than I know. It is very frustrating and almost enough so that I would give up this lively blog and the computer entirely and go back to a manual typewriter. Yeah, that's likely to happen. But, really, why do things have to be so complicated and endless?! (See, Karen l, I'm doing it too!)

Fran is trying to figure out the whole carb thing as she has been told that she has diabetes, maybe. One doctor isn't concerned and the other was. hmmm. Anyway, the way they try to make it all accessible to the mind is - instead - mind boggling.

I heard the magic words, "verse go" (whatever the correct Norwegian spelling would be, is gone, along with Uffda.) Fran has breakfast ready. I love being waited on as George could tell you. He often does breakfast for us! I love it!!!! Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to have input on the diet stuff. We just had our lunch and Vicki is preparing to go home. She may not have a computer for awhile so we will have to comunicate by cell phone. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Hello Vicki! It's your old pal Gretchen, checking up on you. Naomi pointed me in the right direction of your blog, and I must say it was fun to read what you've been up to! I myself don't have a blog, but someday maybe I'll make that a new project. Anyway, I miss you and our movie nights with the whole gang. Take care. Gretch.

bananafish said...

hey ma, it'll be great when you get back on the web! nay