Sunday, January 28, 2007

A picture!!!!!!!!!!

Or not. I can't seem to access the picture from Picassa2. I will keep on trying. This new stuff is driving me slightly bonkier than usual. At least I can crop the picture in Picassa2. I have a new painting all ready to show you. I just can't seem to get hold of it. I will, though, I promise. I am very stubborn.

It is very cold today. We went to church and sang in the choir. One of the things I like most to do. Then this afternoon I went to a going away do for a friend who is moving out east. The furnace hadn't been on long enough so we kept our coats on at the Melby Town Hall. It was a rare and wonderful collection of people. Music and talk and - of course - food.

What would I do if I didn't have this frustration of computer stuff? I know I would smile a whole lot more. Yesterday I actually downloaded something for six (YES, THAT IS SIX) hours and then it wouldn't install. Today I have had limited success in that I downloaded AND installed Picassa2. I can hardly believe my good fortune. NOW, when I can actually get hold of the picture to put it in my blog, you will all hear my yell of accomplishment without virtue of telephone. Brace yourselves.

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know how you stand having dial-up! Six hours to download something is even beyond MY patience!!!

I think yesterday was the coldest so I didn't even leave the house!! Today was church and we braved the elements. Fortunately the wind went down!

I will have everyone know that Vicki has added to her title that I have for her. Now besides "gym buddy" She is my "Earth Angel" She sewed a silk edging on a blanket for Hannah. How sweet is that!!!

HI FRAN!!!!

Love
Karen

Anonymous said...

You certainly are determined. We just got our computer back tonight...it was acting funky so Dave at RnD solved our problems. Had the stomach flu last week from Wed. thru Sat....what a bummer.