Saturday, July 14, 2007

Keeping me on my toes!

That "anonymous" is such a slave driver keeping me at my keyboard!
I worked at the gallery in Battle Lake yesterday from 10 am to 8 pm, with an hour out for supper from 6 to 7. It went great! I was able to do all the stuff required even to using the credit card machine flawlessly! Those machines are quite a quandary at times. I once dropped to the floor and begged a customer to please write a check so I didn't have to continue to try to operate the machine. That was at the old "Point of View" gallery. I never could make that machine work. It was something about the speed with which you swiped the card. The owner could always do it, none of the rest of us ever could. So....... I was greatly relieved when the card machine worked without a hitch yesterday.
George came up at 6 and we went to Stella's for supper. I had a prime rib au jus sandwich which was great. George had Thai Chicken salad. It's a new place where the old R and R was. Quite an upscale Italianate sort of place with outside dining possible.
What I really like about working at the gallery is meeting new people. The tourists are at it hot and heavy, and I sold quite a bit of art to people from Omaha, Nebraska and Seattle, Washington. What fun.
Okay, anonymous. Have I fulfilled my duty? Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never was able to tackle anonymous status before. But I do appreciate seeing your blogs. You are so lucky to have a husband to go our to dinner with. Be sure to appreciate it. Anon.

Anonymous said...

I hope to have time to come to the art store soon...just so much to do in the summer!

Anonymous said...

oops! the correct term would be "gallery".