Monday, July 16, 2007

Yup, well

I'm going to be out of touch for a day or two, so I had to post something for anonymous to read with her morning coffee for one of the days, at least!

I play games each day on my computer. I have a ritual I follow. First, plain solitaire. Then Spider solitaire. Then two kinds of mahjong. Then on to my day. When i win one of the mahjongs, I am rewarded with a saying. The one I got today was too great not to share.

"Some people are at their best asleep." I would hate to think that was true of anyone I know. I can assure you, if I know you, you do not fit into this category. I would hate even more to think that i fall into this category. It's best to remain in ignorance, so if I do, for pete's sake don't tell me. Just let me wonder.

Welcome back home, Karen. I hope you had a great trip. Take care.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't just say you will be out of touch for few days and not explain. Yikes, hospital/trip/Tht's not fair. anon.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog again --you did mention something about going to heaven. Please explain. Anon

Anonymous said...

Gee, it's great to thnk you care! I have a two day art workshop. So you can relax.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Vicki!!!

Thanks for the "welcome back"!!!!

Can hardly wait to tell you about the trip. Seven women and luggage in one Lincoln Navigator driving to Chicago and staying in a two room hotel. Being together all day for four days and still speaking is a miracle!!

I loved your painting of the view from the room! I understand how your friend could have a problem with the angles but I thought it gave it an interesting look. I believe if we as people can learn to accept the things we cannot change we will live much happier, peaceful lives. I believe completely in absolute truth but there are many things which we fret about and waste a lot of time when we could be on to the next item of productivity that God has for us.

Aren't you glad I'm back????

Anonymous said...

I can't do Mahjong - it is too addictive for me. I quit cold turkey one day as it was taking over my life. I love it. But I do my ritual games in the am, first spider solitaire, then freecell, then ordinary solitaire. When I have won one of each, I stop. Such discipline. Now if I could apply that same discipline to other areas of my life, like food for example.
Have fun at the workshop.
Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who seems to "waste" perfectly good time on a game of solitaire. I too need to win one game and then I can quit.

Anonymous said...

I believe doing these games for 15 - 20 minutes in the morning rearranges the atoms of our brains into a form that can better tackle the problems of the day. I heard that if students listen to Mozart they do up to 10 points better in mathematics tests. We trick our brains into better action! I need all the tricks I can get!