Friday, October 12, 2007

woe's me



Just thought I would include this sprightly picture to make your day brighter! My kids would recognize the scarf and realize that I have a sore throat. I really do not feel as bad as this picture would indicate, but I can't resist the drama!

I discovered a new book store yesterday in Alexandria. The Cherry Street Book Store. Heaven. I spent three hours there perusing the many volumes and sitting in a very comfortable leather chair. Coffee available. Heaven.

Then I came home and realized that I was getting sick again. sigh. I had had a sore throat the night before, but by the morning it had disappeared. I sighed with relief only to be reattacked later. I should have remembered my mother's dictum: 24 hours without fever before you go out. Oh, well. I now have several books that I got yesterday to entertain me. And, with some chicken broth, I should feel better soon.

Y'all, take care. Luckily the bug will not attack over cyberspace.

6 comments:

bananafish said...

Love the picture! Quite a dour expression, but you look skinnier than last time I saw you! Makes me miss you all the more. Take care of yourself mamacita!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the stuff about Grandma in your e-mail. Do you remember Big Little Books?
Must be why we got the reading bug. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Naomi --is that Portugese -your first language? Do you have any e-mail available? I haven't gone "swimming" since you moved.! Love, Aunticita.

Anonymous said...

Plese write another blog. I can't stand looking at that grumpy picture of you. Hopefully the sore throat is history. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I'm with Fran. PLEASE write another blog and post another picture. Would you like me to send you a picture to use??? How about the one of you riding the gym horse?? Let everyone see you WILD side!

Lynette at the gym said to diffuse Eucalyptus oil and you wil recover quickly.

Love and prayers

bananafish said...

Aunt Fran, It's good ol' spanish and means little mama! I do have e-mail: hoodoodad@hotmail.com. it's the same as always. I miss you and your swimming pool and hot tub!