Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Yeah, right

That's four comments? Two people chatting back and forth? C'mon. The comments were entertaining, however, so I'll allow it this time. Right.
I am doing more and more things as I feel better. Drove to Battle Lake yesterday for a board meeting. Sat through the board meeting! Ate lunch and chatted with my friends and drove home. Went to the doctor in the afternoon. Came home exhausted and fell asleep in the comfy recliner for three hours. Oh, yeah, I'm really frisky!
I looked up the word "chatelaine" which describes a type of adornment worn by women who were heads of households or castles (!) to hold the household keys or instruments needed for needlework, etc. So it would be more romantic, perhaps, to call my deal a chatelaine. The lanyard is a nautical term for the neck rope used for the suspension of a whistle. I do have a whistle I could suspend on my deal, I suppose, but for what purpose? To defend myself from the ravening hordes at the gym? When they get out of hand I could blow my whistle? But who would come to rescue me? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? Who?
Well, enough nonsense for one day. Hope to get to the gym this morning to laugh with the hordes of hula hoopers there. After my illness they have at least stopped pestering me to try the hula hoop. I must be thankful for small favors.
Take care.

4 comments:

bananafish said...

I LOVE my hula hoop! You really should keep trying ma!

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I had the time to get in to the gym. Even with the rain delays I manage to keep busy here. I hope some of you can come to our home after it is finished. It already glows with the new siding and windows. The windows (without the trim as of yet) look so wonderful I find myself just looking out and admiring how beautiful the landscape is in all of it fall glory. Vicki, does that last sentence run on far to long?

Anonymous said...

So who cares? The point is that the landscape glows! Marvelous weather, right? Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ma you really should keep trying the hula hoop!

I know the feeling of admiring your beautiful home. It is amazing how much satisfaction one can get from working for something and then seeing the fruit of your labor!

Hope your workers are highly motivated on these nice days!

Oh, sorry, I am not supposed to be "chatting" on Vicki's blog and then before you know it ~ Bingo ~ Four comments!!