Monday, October 08, 2007

wow! a pair of fours!



Another case of putting a picture in just for fun. This is a picture of an acquaintance of mine. I don't even know which of the girls is my acquaintance, but it's a great picture!

I read over my blog to see what all the fuss is about. What I MEANT to say is that it is hard to know when to stop painting on any particular painting. When the PAINTING is done... but what I did say was something completely different. Sorry about that. Maybe it was my subconscious taking over, as I have had a hard time getting into the painting mode, and perhaps I am pondering whether just to pack it in and sit in a chair and read. Sob, sob. Nope. Not quite yet. Too much to do yet.

We went to the play at the AAAA Theatre in Alexandria. Carol Jean picked me up, we met Karen for a bite to eat at the new Bella's, and then separated. Karen plays flute in the orchestra, and Carol Jean and I had seats P3 and P4 Left to see a rendition of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."

Right away we could see the awesome set. It was designed by Roxanne Sorenson, a fellow artist, and constructed by Quincy Roers. Stellar.

Because I am "hearing challenged" I was concerned about sitting 3/4 of the way back and on the side. The accoustics and sound system was such that I heard 99 percent of all that was said. Fantastic. And the acting was surprisingly good. The main characters were as good as one might see in any of the big city venues. Pete Woit was Pseudolus. His character holds the play together and sings several solos. Excellent. Joe Korkowski was Hysterium and he stole the show. Fabulous acting and good singing. I must say I was surprised at the quality of the production. Hats off to the director, Merlin Peterson.

Watching Joe become convinced that he was "lovely" as Pete had him dressed in a dress was hysterical. The realization of his loveliness that shone from his eyes was so much fun. We had a lovely night out thanks to the Quad A Theatre!

Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize I must clarify that the Karen who plays in the orchestra is Karen E, not Karen W or Karen L. Who knew that I had so many friends named Karen! And they are all GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I did know that you simply meant "when to stop painting on a painting" but that is just because I "know" you. To stop painting altogether is not going to happen as long as you have breath and the use of your limbs.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the play. Joe Korkowski is a natural on stage or in front of an camera. It is his gift.

I got my "squash soup" from the gym today. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am stuffed from lunch which my loving husband asked me to go to with him.

Anonymous said...

I am trying tof igure out what the" pair of fours" is referring to. Oops, ending with a preposition! Fran

bananafish said...

I also knew you weren't intending to quit painting. Perish the thought!