Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Almost Ready

I had a great picture of the van and boat I wanted to include with this posting, but the blog master refuses to perform up to expectations. The boat is all packed, the van is ready. We are almost fully supplied with food and our clothes are packed. The fly in the ointment is the garden which needs weeding or it will be a jungle by the time we get back. So we are postponing our leaving until tomorrow.

The relief from the heat wave is simply marvelous. One can breath again and George can get out into the garden. It was too dangerous last week when the temperatures hovered in the 90's, even attaining one 100 plus. So we can just meander tomorrow, leaving rather early.

I gave a talk at the Brush and Palette Club in Alexandria yesterday, introducing the audience to the art of May Stevens. I was fortunate enough to go to her show at the Minneapolis Institute of Art last year. The show will be in the Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO from September 15 through November 12, 2006. I do not know if she will be in attendance giving her presentation at the Springfield show, but I was fortunate enough to attend that presentation in Minneapolis. I imagine one could find out via the net. The wonderful net.

I love (why is this still typing in bold, even though I have taken it off bold in the deally up above? Very irritating. I will try again.) I guess I am destined to write in bold for the rest of my life! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Anyway, I love giving art talks. I have covered the lives of any number of artists. Off the top of my head, Van Gogh, Matisse, Degas, Edward Hopper, Francis Bacon, Paul Klee, Marc Chagal, etc. I notice that I have not done a talk about a woman artist until now. I feel particularly happy because she not only is a woman, but is also a LIVING artist.

Well, back to getting the food organized. I will try to post tomorrow before we go and get the picture of our outfit up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent you an e-mail but this is to let you know that I do watch for your blog at east once or twice a day.