Saturday, August 26, 2006

Snoozin' Saturday

Wow. I snoozed through most of the Saturday afternoon golf tournament. I am rather disgusted because I had it in mind to bake some cookies. I guess I can still do that. I'll mix them up now at 5 pm and bake them after supper.

I was painting up a storm earlier today, and then I ran out of an essential ingredient for the effect I wanted: gesso. Now, if I were living where many people live - in the city - I could just grab the car keys and head for the store. Dick Blick or Wet Paint or even Ben Franklin in a larger city, probably. But I have no idea where the closest store that has that item is from here. I know I can find it in Fargo, St. Cloud or Mpls/Stp. I will just have to wait. They have GREAT gesso in the Cheap Joe catalog, but much good that does me TODAY.

It's fun to look out of the window and see George mowing the lawn. Because it has been so terribly dry, he has not mowed the lawn for a really long time. The downpours we have had in the last week have revived the grass enough that he feels comfortable mowing it. Most of it is green again and not that tortured brown color.

I am very excited to see my sister again tomorrow. We are going to spend the next week together. I will report on our perigrinations as possible during the week. We should have a blast. We will get to see many of her/our friends and hopefully get to visit the Southview ladies in their new environment. I will report.

George and our daughter Naomi are going on a fishing trip together with Bob. That will probably rate lots of reporting, too. Don't miss the thrilling tales to come.

2 comments:

Vicki Larson said...

I got an e-mail from Elaine that I had mispelled my LONG word, and so I looked it up again, and sure enough, I goofed. Should be peregrination. Hopefully I have it right now. I had looked it up before I used it, but then hit the wrong letter. Mea culpa.

Anonymous said...

I looked up peregrination-now I believe I know why the peregrin falcon is so named. I learn something new every time I read your blog.