Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yummy

Ok. There is no more glorious meal than a bacon/lettuce/tomato sandwich with a side of corn on the cob. You might argue with that, but I stand firm. When the tomato is the first red jewel from your own garden, the bacon is fried crisp just the way you like it, and the corn is the first wonderful cob from your own garden.... well, there is just nothing to compare.

I sometimes wonder if those great gustatory delights are enough to merit the work of a garden, but when the time arrives to eat, wahoo... I am convinced. Especially since I only cook the produce, I do not maintain the garden. George seems to agree with me, however.

We thought we had planned our camping trip at a time that was early enough not to interfere with the "coming of the corn," but we were mistaken. Because of all the hot weather, the corn is ripening about two weeks ahead of schedule. I'm not sure what we will do, but I am fixated on camping. Period. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes the bounty of the garden is well worth the work. Your perfect meal is what I would dream of if offered a meal fresh from the garden.

Anonymous said...

Your answer is RACOONS Vicki!!!!

I missed you today. Stopped at your house to drop off a book for you. Be sure to look at the picture I stuck in between the pages from the Echo! LOOK Familiar?

What day are you coming back? I have to know how long I have to hold out. Mary Kay came today so at least I had someone!!

Have a wonderful time and keep that cell phone on!!

Ashlee said...

happiness is a fresh garden tomato.

you can quote me on that.

have fun camping!
ashlee

bananafish said...

I LOVE the blt's from your garden added with your potato salad= YUMMMMMMMMMMM! Yum, I'm hungry now and want that meal NOW!