Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back from the North Woods

We're back! I supposedly have successfully posted a picture here TWICE, but it isn't appearing. Perhaps half way through this it will do so. It is a mystery.

I have a spectacular picture of the Lake of the Isles up at Scenic State Park which I thought I had posted. However.....

We had a wonderful time and have returned glad to get back to our creature comforts here at home and ready to start up the round of occupations that await us here. Although we are retired, anyone who is retired will tell you that it is only then that you really get loaded down with stuff to do. Because you are retired, everyone presumes you have time for all of the things that need to be done in a community. You must exercise your "no" muscle or you would never have time for relaxation. Luckily, that is one muscle that I HAVE practices exercising.

Speaking of exercising, I can hardly wait to get back to the "It Figures" here in town and see my exercise buddies. I have really missed them.

Monday is my book club. We are discussing "Missing Mom" by Joyce Carol Oates which I had already read earlier. As I have MDD rather than ADD: Memory Deficit Disorder in the place of Attention Deficit Disorder, I reread it. What a powerful and moving story. I am eager to hear my sister readers' take on it.

By my next posting, I hope that my picture posting skills will work again. I will slowly relate the joys of our camping time. We had a wonderful time.

3 comments:

bananafish said...

It was great to relax by the lake and the campfire with you folks! What a unique, restful place for the soul. Thanks, love,

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back-missed your postings.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I missed you although I didn't get to the exercise place QUITE as often since it wasn't a priority without you!

See you Tuesday!