Sunday, August 20, 2006

odds and ends

I have lots of odds and ends of thoughts this morning. We just got back from church and have heard a great sermon. There was a Persian saying mentioned that I have to get so I can share it with you all. In due time. Marcia said Isaac called and said "hi" to me. Yippee. I have really missed his blogs and his comments. Glad you're ok, Izzy!

About my last blog... Maybe you could tell me what your three favorite things are in a comment. You don't have to say what they mean about you, but just mention what they are. That would be fun.

I have also been thinking about how much more there is to a life than those favorite things. All of the other things that fill up your life with vigor and fun. The favorite things illustrate the core, but there are all the other things that make the life sing.

The list could actually be endless. The idea of the favorite things should free me up to start weeding out some of the stuff that I don't give a hoot about anymore. At one time, I suppose the stuff seemed important, but now I have moved on and don't have interest in it anymore. The trouble is, it's lots of work to get rid of stuff. Lots of it is valuable and can't just be tossed in the rubbish bin. Where can I get rid of it in an appropriate way?

But it would be marvelously freeing. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fran's favorites: Since I sold my home when Wally died I have moved five times. I am down to minimum. But prized are the box of letters -2 years worth from Wally's WW2 years in submarines. Next is rosemaled chest my Grandpa Hjortland made for me..he was a blacksmith and made the lock. key and metal trim and had his friend Per Lynse paint it. My six large volumes of photo and writings of my life.
That's the lot. The computer and TV are replaceble but very much enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

How can one compare with Fran's box of letters? But I do have a little pile of "Love Note's" Tim writes to me every now and then!

My favorites: My air mattress because I can float in the sun and listen to the birds and feel the stress melt! Next to that would be my porch! WE sit and listen to the owls before bed. (Are you getting a theme here?) After that I will have to say "It Figures" because I am healthier and have met such tremendous friends there! (Gotcha!)