Saturday, October 14, 2006

Beautiful Saturday

I had the joy of taking part in a wonderful brunch at our church this morning. An inspirational speaker, great music and tasty food. We are having our annual friendship days when churches of different denominations get together and have meetings for specific people: kids, teens, teachers, men, women, and then - everyone. Always fun to get together with people one doesn't see every day.

The food we had was great, appreciated by all. It is called "Stuffed Baked French Toast" and is very tasty. Because it was made in church, all the calories were removed. Or so some of the ladies said. If you make it at home, forget that. But it is fabulous.

Preheat the overn to 350 degrees
Butter a 9 x12 inch pan.

1 lb French bread, cubed
8 ozs Cream cheese, diced in 1" pieces
8 large Eggs
2 1/2 cups Half and Half
6 TB Butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup Maple syrup
Cinnamon

Put one half of the bread cubes in the prepared pan. Spread the cream cheese evenly on top. Add the rest of the bread cubes. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the half and half, butter and maple syrup. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the bread. Press the bread down slightly to make sure everything is moistened. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon before baking. Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Trust me. This is great. Should serve at least 8 people.

After I got home I had to make lunch for George, so I made waffles and brats and didn't eat any myself. I was good to go until supper. So I read a bit, played some computer games, watched some football and took a snooze. Saturdays are the best for just catching up on things that have slipped by during the week. I even got three big "papers" ready for my next bunch of art work. This is the part that is frustrating in my painting. All that white space waiting to be covered. Ah, well. I think I will try to put up a picture of my latest painting if I can get it to work. I'll post this, and then try that later. Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the splendid recipe. Maybe I'll make that for our book club. I am trying to get to the point in my move to get to my arts and crafts. See you soon.