Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday

Winter lurks. The air feels as though some of those white flakes could meander down any minute. No sunshine. Brrrrrr.

I went to the gym this morning. Great to see everyone. Missed Karen l and Colleen. I'll be gone for a week or so, so will not see them for awhile. They have a great hula hoop at the gym. three of them, actually - 3, 4, and 5 pound weighted hoops. I absolutely can't seem to get the hang of making them rotate around my waist. I am just as successful with that as I am with belly dancing. Let's face it, my fire plug body doesn't want to learn these sinuous moves. Too bad. I suppose I will keep trying, but I don't hold out much hope for success. However, hope springs eternal. sigh.

The bazaar at church was fun. Good food and fellowship. How can you fault that! A fun way to make a contribution to the church. The ladies use the money to help send our kids to Bible Camp. A good cause.

Take care. Bundle up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your blogs or e-mail when you are gone.

To succeed at hula hoop you have to try a few times. Just think what inspiration YOUR success could mean for others??????????? Something about a "green tree in your heart"? Gotcha!!!!

Anonymous said...

Will miss you Vicki!----Karen W. - you made my day!!

Izzy said...

how was the dumpling soup at the bazaar? i miss that stuff more than i miss oxygen at the bottom of the ocean.

isaac

p.s. where are you going?

Anonymous said...

Karen L. glad to have made your day!!!

I'm sure Vicki doesn't mind if we use her blog for personal messages. .. right Vicki?

Anonymous said...

Right.

bananafish said...

You may be bundling up there, but we are alternating between mudbaths and beautiful heat here! I won't miss the winter, I can tell you. We'll still get a good 2-3 months of it anyway!!!