Friday, October 13, 2006

comments are powerful

I finally got a comment, so I decided I better write another post. The power of a comment to get me off the dime is enormous!

The last three days have been a rude awakening into the land of winter. Some snow, lots of wind and brrrr. Today they say the wind gusts could make 45 mph. Wow.

Luckily I am ensconced in my little nest and intend to do some painting. I am having trouble posting pictures, but I will try later. I want to be sure I can get this posting in.

I am busy trying to get a handle on my Modigliani talk. It is hard for me to decide why I am so crazy about his painting. I love it. It is like his art is a thing apart from his life. The art is purity and line and color. His life was sound and fury. Now I am trying to make sense of it all.

So far I cannot figure out how in the world I am going to dress up for this talk. I just have to hope that something will come to me.

I have finished another painting that I really like. I have been trying to post a picture of it here with no luck. I will try again tomorrow. Have a great cold wintery day!

1 comment:

Izzy said...

well, i am safely back in japan. things here aren't too wintery yet. i am hoping the winter will lay off for a bit so i can do some camping amongst the beautiful fall foliage. which reminds me...i remember as a young lad meeting you and george up at some state park in northern MN. my family was heading up on a trip through canada and we met you there on our way. any recollections? i think you were picking berries. it is beautiful. anyway, random memory.

it was good seeing you...save me another hug for next time i come home!

isaac