Friday, October 20, 2006

Wow.

The presentation at the Coffehouse Art Center last night was awesome. I wondered where one could go to see something as good, and I could not think of where. I think I will write David Letterman to see if he would feature them.

Two consummate musical artists and storytellers just letting rip. I kept thinking, I wish my dad could be here. I wish my sister and brother could be here. Oh, my. People from as far away as Mpls. were there, but were the local people flocking in? No. Oh, well. There was a baseball game on TV. (As you can see, I'm getting a bit bitter in my old age.)

I just can't tell you how good it was. The fiddling was awesome. The dancing was spectacular and spontaneous. The storytelling in several languages was always understandable. The women were stunning in an entirely downhome way. Man. Was I ever glad I made the effort to go. I dragged George along, but he was too sleepy after having golfed in the cold to be very alert. Even he, however, loved it.

Eventually, I hope to have a photograph of the two performers, both named Sarah. Sarah Granskou and Sarah Naegell. Fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish I coould have been there. Your art at the Evanston coffee house is so good and the locals don't seem to realize what a prize they have there.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen it-as usual my schedule seems to conflict with events at the art center.