Friday, November 24, 2006

Another Beautiful Day

Sun shining. Temperature very mild. Wow. We're having better weather in Minnesota than many of the people in southern climes. Fantastic.

I went to the gym and giggled my way around the circle. I just couldn't get into serious exercise mode. I am just too pumped by the fact that we have arranged to call Naomi on my cell phone. Now - if I can find a time when she is off her phone, all will be well. But I am really excited. If I call her, it doesn't cost her anything. I signed up and I can call her for $4. per month. Wahoo.

Then to add to my euphoria, I had lost a pound since Wednesday! Double Wahoo. I turned down some invitations for Thanksgiving with a resounding "no." I wondered why, until today when I figured out that I have control of food when I stay home. I don't have to face candied yams covered with melted marshmallows, or stuffing, or several varieties of pie. Just what we particularly like is all that is on the menu... turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and pumpkin pie with cool whip. I ate turkey, small portion of mashed potatoes with gravy, tablespoon of corn and a sliver of pumpkin pie. Voila. I made it through.

I am trying to control my diet so that I won't have to go on insulin for my diabetes. So far, so good. For some people, candied yams are just not in the proper picture!

But the news that I can call Naomi is the news that is especially fantastic. When we get together with the rest of the family for Christmas, we can call her, too. Life is good.

Thank you God for your blessings! Have a good day fellow pilgrims!

No comments: